Dear Company Families,
Great dancing to everyone that performed this Saturday!
We’re coming up on the first competition of the season, Dance Idol. Please take a moment to read this email thoroughly and let us know if you have any questions.
Prairie Lakes Community Center
515 E Thacker St,
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Please see attached schedule in the pre-show email. These are approximate call times. Competitions may run ahead or behind schedule, so we will update the company Facebook page throughout the day. Please check in on the FB page upon your arrival to the venue.
Maddie Solo – Please arrive by 8:30 pm
All Jazz and Modern Dancers please arrive by 3:15 pm
All Tap Dancers please arrive by 4:30 pm
All Hip-Hop Dancers please arrive by 5:00 pm
Please stay and support your teammates. After the last routine (Company Hip-Hop) finishes, everyone is released until awards begin.
Awards are scheduled for 10:00 pm. All dancers should attend, wearing their team jackets (if applicable).
There are masterclasses attached to this competition by prominent Chicago dancers (including Mr. Rich!). All dancers are encouraged to participate, but not required. Please see the attached sheet in the pre-show email with information on how to enroll.
(see attached parking pdf in the pre-show email)
Please arrive at the venue with hair and makeup completed.
Hair should be middle bun for all dancers.
Makeup should be standard stage makeup. Be sure to use red lipstick.
Costumes should remain in a garment bag or on a hanger until you reach the venue.
Double check that you have all costumes and accessories, and please label each item with your name so there is no mixup. Too Close For Comfort please triple check fishnet tights tonight for any runs so you have time to order replacements.
- All parents and dancers should conduct themselves in a respectable manner as they are representing themselves and the company/studio
- Be polite and professional to all facility and event staff and dancers from other companies
- No eating in the dressing room
- Please leave the dressing room and facility in better condition than when we arrived
- Dancers are expected to show good sportsmanship – wish other dancers good luck before they go on stage, tell them great job after they get off stage. Especially support your fellow teammates! We have a zero tolerance rule for disrespect to fellow dancers.
Thank you for reading! Please let us know if you have any questions.