Please read these policies carefully as many have changed from last season.
Tuition Installments & Payments
- Tuition is a yearly fee divided into 11 monthly installments and is not based on the number of classes in each month.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month (with the exception of August tuition which is due at registration).
- After registering (paying for Registration Fee and the first Tuition Installment), monthly tuition installments (September-June) will be debited from your account or card on file on the 1st day of each month (September-June).
- All clients are required to maintain a card on file in our auto-pay system.
- Accounts not paid within terms are subject to an accruing 5% monthly finance charge until paid. Accounts more than 60 days past due may be submitted to collection services.
- A $35 fee will be applied to accounts for returned checks.
- Registration Fee (due at registration): $35/student or $60/family.
- Spring Recital Costume Fees (Auto-drafted November 1st, payment plans available for dancers in multiple classes): Price varies, see spring recital costume pricing document
- Spring Recital Fee (Auto-drafted February 1st): $75 and $50/additional siblings.
- Sibling Discount: Siblings receive a 10% discount on tuition. Sibling discount only applies to tuition, not registration, costume, or other fees.
- Multi-Class Discount: 10% tuition discount for 2-3 classes, 15% tuition discount for 4-5 classes, 20% tuition discount for 6+ classes.
- Full Tuition Payment: Prepay the full yearly tuition fee by check or cash and receive a 5% tuition discount.
Withdrawal From Classes
- To withdraw, a parent must inform the studio and complete a withdrawal form.
- Withdrawals must be made prior to the 1st of the month to avoid charges.
Rescheduling and Substitution
- Flourish reserves the right to reschedule, cancel, or combine classes.
- Flourish also reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regular teacher is ill or is otherwise unable to teach.
Refunds / Tuition Credits
- Refunds will only be issued when Flourish cancels a class due to low enrollment.
- Tuition credits will be issued when a student initiates a class change, and the credits must be used within 1 year.
- Flourish Dance Academy reserves the right to place students in appropriate classes based on age, ability, and instructor’s evaluation.
- Ballet is required for enrollment in Jazz or Modern ages 8 and higher.
Security and Lost & Found
- Security cameras are located in all public areas for safety and security.
- A lost and found basket is located in the back lobby. Please check the lost and found basket regularly. All items are taken to Goodwill at the end of the month.
At Flourish, we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date.
- Email: Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts. Important communications are made via email.
- Facebook: Like us and follow our posts at facebook.com/flourishdanceacademy
- Instagram: Follow us on instagram @flourishdanceacademy
- Parent Portal: https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/mdancecenter
- Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class.
- Students may make up missed classes until April 1st.
- If a student misses more than two of the final eight classes before either recital, they may be dismissed from participating in the recital routine at the discretion of the instructor.
- Please report all absences to email@example.com or via the online portal.
- Flourish is proud to offer closed camera viewing.
- Students and parents should not enter classrooms without permission.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Classes may be canceled due to hazardous weather conditions.
- Cancellations will be announced by studio voicemail, Facebook, and email.
- Flourish does not necessarily follow school closings.
- Canceled classes may be made up in any class the same level or lower.
- Please be respectful to fellow dancers, parents, and staff.
- No foul or aggressive language is permitted.
- No illegal substances are permitted.
- No food, drink, street shoes, or cell phones are allowed in the studios.
- Please respect the space and clean up any messes created.
- No jeans or street shoes are allowed in class.
- No jewelry or other distracting accessories are allowed in class.
- Long hair must be pulled back.
- Please see dress code document for individual class dress codes.
- Each December, Flourish Dance Academy produces a Winter Recital. All classes perform, and all students are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Costumes: Students will wear basic dancewear in colors specified by their instructor. Flourish also provides accessories and props for this performance.
- Each June, Flourish Dance Academy ends the season with a professionally produced Spring Recital at the Wheaton Academy Theater. All classes perform (except pre-pointe), and all students are expected to participate.
- Costume Fees (Auto-drafted November 1st, payment plans available for dancers in multiple classes): Cost varies, please see costume pricing list.
- Recital Fee (Auto-drafted February 1st): $75 and $50/additional siblings; includes 2 complimentary tickets, commemorative recital tee shirt, and digital download of the performance.