Please read these policies carefully as many have changed.
At MDC, we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date.
Email: Please add email@example.com to your email contacts. Important communications are made via email.
Facebook: Like us and follow our posts at facebook.com/millenniumdancecenter
Instagram: Follow us on instagram @mdancecenter
Lobby Displays: Paper schedules, announcements, and other documents are available at the front desk and on the lobby display boards.
- Tuition is a yearly fee divided into 10 monthly installments for your convenience.
- Tuition is due on the 15th of every month from August 2018 to May 2019.
- Tuition may be prorated for students enrolling after the beginning of the season.
- Please see the 2018-2019 schedule for individual class prices.
- All students are required to enroll in Auto-Pay.
- Tuition will be drafted on the 15th of every month.
- Alternate payments may be made prior to the 15th to avoid the auto-draft.
Sibling Discount: Siblings receive a 10% discount on tuition. Sibling discount only applies to tuition, not registration, costume, or other fees.
Multi-Class Discount: 10% tuition discount for 2-3 classes, 15% tuition discount for 4-5 classes, 20% tuition discount for 6+ classes.
Full Tuition Payment: Prepay the full yearly tuition fee by check and receive a 5% tuition discount
Registration Fee: $25/student or $40/family
Spring Recital Costume Fee: Varies (see registration form); due December 1st
Spring Recital Fee: $50/student due February 1st (Recital fee includes recital t-shirt and 2 complimentary tickets)
- After registering (paying the registration fee and first month’s tuition) monthly tuition will be charged to the card on file on the 15th day of each month.
- If the card on file has insufficient funds and payment is not made 7 days after the due date, a $10 late fee will be applied to the account.
- A $25 fee will be applied to accounts for returned checks.
- Students with accounts more than 1-month delinquent may not be allowed to participate in MDC programs.
Millennium Dance Center reserves the right to place students in appropriate classes based on age, ability, and instructor’s evaluation.
Graded Technique Placement: Ballet is required for enrollment in Jazz or Modern level 2 or higher.
Rescheduling and Substitution
MDC reserves the right to reschedule, cancel, or combine classes. MDC also reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regular teacher is ill or is otherwise unable to teach.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Classes may be canceled due to hazardous weather conditions.
- Cancellations will be announced by studio voicemail, facebook, and email.
- MDC does not necessarily follow school closings.
- Canceled classes may be made up in any class the same level or lower.
Refunds / Tuition Credits
Refunds: Refunds will only be issued when MDC cancels a class due to low enrollment.
Tuition Credits: Tuition credits will be issued when the student drops a class. Credits may be applied to any MDC tuition or fees and must be used within 1 year.
Withdrawal From Classes
- To withdraw, a parent must inform the studio and complete a withdrawal form.
- Withdrawals must be made prior to the 15th of the month to avoid additional charges.
- Please be respectful to fellow dancers, parents, and staff.
- No foul or aggressive language is permitted.
- No illegal substances are permitted.
- No food, drink, street shoes, or cell phones are allowed in studios.
- Please respect the space and clean up any messes created.
Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class. Students may make up missed classes until April 1st. If a student misses more than two of the final eight classes before the Spring Recital, they may be dismissed from participating in the recital routine at the discretion of the instructor.
MDC is proud to offer closed camera viewing. Students and parents should not interrupt classes or enter classrooms without permission.
- No jeans or street shoes are allowed in class.
- No jewelry, sunglasses, or other distracting accessories are allowed in class.
- Long hair must be pulled back.
Each December, Millennium Dance Center produces a Winter Recital. All classes perform, and all students are strongly encouraged to participate.
Costume Fee: There is no costume fee for this program. Students will wear basic dancewear in colors specified by their instructor. MDC also provides accessories and props for this performance.
Recital Fee: There is no fee for participating in this program. Tickets are available for sale online, at the studio, and at the door in December.
Each June, Millennium Dance Center ends the season with a professionally produced Spring Recital at the Wheaton Academy Theater. All classes perform (except pre-pointe), and all students are expected to participate.
Costume Fee: Varies (please see weekly class schedule for costume details). Due December 1st
Recital Fee: $50 per student, due February 1st. Recital Fee includes 2 complimentary tickets and a recital tee shirt.